Friday, October 17, 2008

Reflecting on a year ago....

I have been thinking a lot about Gideon these last few days because a year ago this time we were bringing him home.  I was so anxious to get back to Guatemala.  I thought having Anna home would keep me too busy to think too much about Gideon being away, but it didn't.  Don't get me wrong, it was so precious to have Anna home, but Gideon was definitely missing in our family picture.  I seriously felt like I had a hole in my heart.  I kept trying to convince Ryan to let me go over and foster, but it was not happening.  Having him in my arms was a dream come true.  It just seemed to take so long.  I still praise God for his amazing foster family!  At least I know Gideon was clueless as to my agony.  He was living with his beautiful family and loving life.

In the last year I have seen Gideon grow in so many ways.  He is so funny and loving.  Ryan and I call him our monkey.  He climbs and dangles off of anything ha can.  He is a loving brother and son and everyone ADORES him.

I will never be able to comprehend why God allowed our family to be blessed in such a way.  I have seen great Christian woman/families who's hearts ache for a child, even just one.  I have 5 amazing children who uniquely bless us and fulfill our lives.  I feel so honored.

Julie 

1 comment:

andrea said...

o julie! i'm so glad gideon is home where he belongs! i have got to meet him some day!!