Sunday, November 16, 2008

A very sad weekend......

This past Thursday Ryan's grandmother passed away.  I almost hate to say "Ryan's" grandma because I certainly claimed her if you will, as my own.  She was the most wonderful, Godly woman I have ever met and she is going to be severely missed.  She loved her grandchildren and great grandchildren dearly.  We were very fortunate to spend some additional time with her and grandpa this past year.  They went on all our camping trips with us and we loved getting to see them both more often.  When we got home with Gideon last fall, within days we went on a camping trip and they were there.  They celebrated all our children with us and Anna and Gideon were no exception.  I remember being at their house in Cincy and both grandma and grandpa prayed over them, specifically asking God to bless their health and to keep any past evilness from touching them.  At that time we were still really struggling with Gideon's health and Anna was still waking often at night screaming out.  I know those prayers were one of many that went out on behalf of my kids.   

Grandma was truly unique and had this way of making every single person she encountered feel special.  I miss her already, but I find great comfort in knowing that she is with her best friend, our Jesus.

So, this weekend was spent with family, remembering her life.  The viewing was on Friday and the funeral was on Saturday.

Julie 

1 comment:

andrea said...

julie,
i'm so sorry for your loss!!
praying for all of you!