Monday, February 26, 2007

I think our suspitions are being confirmed........

Well, normally I don't like to post things on my blog that haven't been confirmed by someone that knows (like the DOS or a well known website), but I do think something big is going on. The word is that there has been a March 1st deadline set for people to get their Power of Attorney (POA) to Guatemala and that Guatemala will not accept any more POA's after this. Now, we have our POA for both kids, it is one of the first steps in the process, but what I am hearing is that since no more POA's will be allowed, not more adoptions will be processed (for what period of time?) I am also hearing, which is probably more disturbing to me personally, that the Protocol of Good Practices is indeed being announced March 2 (Friday). These two announcements have not been confirmed, but somehow I just really feel they are true, especially the first one.

How does this affect us? Well, the March 1st dealine woudn't affect us, just hundreds if not thousands of other kids out there that need a good home. The "Protocol" has the highest potential to hurt us. If it is the same as it was before than there will be SERIOUS changes in the adoption process. The earlier protocol wants to switch all children over to state run orphanages and centralize all of the adoptions over one goverment entity. One many levels this is bad for the children involved. If the implemetation of this protocol is immediate, than we will, at the least, be seeing serious delays and Gideon would be ripped from the foster mom he loves and thrown into an orphanage. I really don't know the full ramifications of what this protocol will do, no one does.

I will love for you all to pray for us. I am so tired of the unrest and uncertainty. I just want to know what is in store for us and then deal with that knowledge. I guess I just don't understand why we all have to be just reactive to everything. Why don't we know anything until after it happens? Anyways, we covet your prayers!

Julie

1 comment:

jazziejo said...

Praying for you but I know God will let things happen for good. You deserve it.

I love you. Mom