Wednesday, February 28, 2007

An update

Well, I am still very unclear as to what is going on in Guatemala. Pretty much everyone is. The ADA (the Guatemalan Adoption Defense) has posted this on their website:

http://www.adaguatemala.org/English/news/

The ADA has been very intrumental in protecting adoption rights in Guatemala. They were VERY active in overturning the hault on adoptions in Guatemala in 2003. The ADA has a copy of the protocol and I have read it. From what I can see it doesn't say anything too inflamatory, but the ADA is saying the protocol WILL stop in process adoptions. I do have confidence that the ADA knows what they are talking about, but a lot of things do not add up to me.

Supposidly, this protocol will be read tomorrow. If it is read no one knows what that means. Does that mean it will be implemented immediately? If so, that means President Berger is implementing it illegally. Guatemalan law states, issue like this, have to go through congress and be voted on (just like here).

Actually I could go on and on about this, but the bottom line is that no body knows what is going on. I hate having to be reactive and not proactive! I have e-mailed the DOS (Dept. of State), but there's nothing else for me to do but pray.

We leave tomorrow for our Carribean vacation. And then I am going directly to Guatemala after that. I am so excited about both trips, but things are feeling tainted right now.

Well, that is all I have right now.......

I will try and update if I here anything tomorrow before we go.

Julie

No comments: