Friday, March 2, 2007

Things are better!

Hello from Grand Cayman! We are here in the beautiful, sunny carribean and it is great!! I will try and post pictures a little later in the week.

As for adoptions in Guatemala, well things are better. The "protocol of good practices" was indeed announced in Guatemala yesterday. A concise version of how that turned out is that adoptions will NOT be haulted at this point. YEAH!! The governement does intend to implement it, but not for "some weeks." They do not have money budgeted for it now. I guess the "protocol" is what Guatemala plans to do until they are Hague compliant. So, so far, so good. Here is the link to the ADA and their response to the protocol and other things.

http://www.adaguatemala.org/English/news/

I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear things are ok for now. Our cases are moving right along and that is great. Gideon has already been kicked out of PGN. Now a kick out is not good, but considering I didn't even know we were in yet, I am ok with it. And, to tell the truth, we haven't even gotten pre-approval yet from the US embassy. You have to have that to get approved and out of PGN anyways.

As for Annie, I have no clue where she is at. I know DNA is done and I would assume she is either in PGN or close.

It is a bit frustrating to me that I don't get more regular updates on my case. I would love to know dates and exactly when I am in and out of things. But, I really trust my agency and my attornies. I know they are working hard for us and for now that is all I need.

I am soooooo excited about our visit trip now. I am a little concerned about how we will deal with all the babies, but it will be great! I have no clue if I will have interenet access or not, but I know Chrissy (my sister) will have her computer, so I will post if I can.

That is all for now. Thank you so much for your prayers!!!!

Julie

No comments: