Friday, April 20, 2007

Finally a little good news!

I got a call from the director of our agency this morning, which was odd in and of itself because she is an hour behind us and she called at 8:30 our time. Anyways, she actually talked in person to Joseph Roma at the US Embassy in Guatemala. I can't remember exactly what Mr. Roma's title is, but I do know that he is the one in the know there about this situation and was exactly who she needed to talk to. This is a very big thing in and of itself. Up to that point, she had gotten zero response from the embassy, despite huge efforts.

She said they talked for like 20 minutes. In summary, Mr. Roma confirmed that all cases from our agency were indeed being "red flagged." I guess this was done somewhat in response to our director's public support of Mary Bonn. Not a support of what she did, but public support of her as a friend. Anyways, Mr. Roma said that the "ban" on our agency is being lifted. The red flags will be gone....woohoo! He said that each case (I guess referring to the ones being held) will still be looked at, but not under any increased scrutiny because of our agency.

So, it's not like we have our pre-approval again, but this is a very good thing! I know our cases will be fine when looked at and I now have confidence they will be moved through. Maybe even by the end of April??? Dare to dream, eh?

Our agency director had a peace in her voice that I have not heard in a couple months. I know this has been very trying for her also. It makes me feel better knowing that she feels things are better.

So, this has been huge for boosting my moral. I got an updated picture of Gideon last week and barely looked at it. The poor guy was bawling in every picture anyways, but......still adorable of course. Also, we get to send care pakages again because our director is going back to Guatemala April 28 (we will get updated pictures/medicals also). I finally feel like filling up my allotted ziploc bags for the kids!

I still hate that we are being delayed and I hate that the process still has a while for us, but I will take this good news and run with it. Now, if Guatemala can just stay stable enough until they come home.

Thank you for praying for us and please keep 'em coming, we still have a long way to go!

Julie

2 comments:

Scroggins said...

YEAH!!! So thankful -- we have been praying! -- S.

jazziejo said...

Makes me happy...love you all.