Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Things are not good right now.....

I am going to make this brief, but I got a call from my agency last Friday stating that both Annie's and Gideon's Pre-approvals were being sent to investigation. Our agency had no additional information.

I will spare you the details, but over the last few days I have found out that this is due to our agency's association with Mary Bonn. In essence, we have been red flagged by association. The US Embassy has made it very clear (via e-mail) that they will not discuss why we were put into review or when we could get out. They almost treated us like we were the ones that had done something wrong.

After talking to many different sources, there is no way to know how long this could take, but the best estimate is months. There's a whole ugly situation going on here. Everyone in the Guatemalan adoption realm have pity on us poor souls caught up in the "Mary Bonn" thing. Pity does me no good.

I do not appreciate being treated like a criminal that is on a need to know basis by my OWN embassy. Not only that, I seriously doubt that adoptions even have months to even be open on the Guatemalan side.

Ryan and I do not know what to do at this point. All is not necessarily lost, but this is a very bad situation.

We do intend to contact our local political offices. They are the only ones that can even hope to get a response from the Embassy.

SOrry to be so sporatic. I am just not feeling very optimistic right now.

Please pray for us. Hopefully this will be a fading thing.

Julie

4 comments:

Scroggins said...

Hey -- I'm not sure who Mary Bonn is? Are you going to the midwest sumit on adoption and orphan relief this weekend in Lancaster, OH? -- S.

Scroggins said...

Never mind -- I just read about Mary Bonn -- that is wack!

mahollowman said...

I live in phoenix ,AZ and have not heard of Mary Bonn till today.I found out about her when i bought a computer at a yard sale today. The computer i bought contains a vast amount of information about the adoptions of many children. It has tax forms , immigration forms, pictures or over 100 children and lots of other useful info, either for or against Mary Bridgett Bonn. I will be turning the hard drive over to the Phoenix police department and have already contacted a police agency in Florida to let them know i have this information. I hope the info on this hard drive will help everyone affected by the actions of Mary Bonn.

mahollowman said...

I live in phoenix ,AZ and have not heard of Mary Bonn till today.I found out about her when i bought a computer at a yard sale today. The computer i bought contains a vast amount of information about the adoptions of many children. It has tax forms , immigration forms, pictures or over 100 children and lots of other useful info, either for or against Mary Bridgett Bonn. I will be turning the hard drive over to the Phoenix police department and have already contacted a police agency in Florida to let them know i have this information. I hope the info on this hard drive will help everyone affected by the actions of Mary Bonn.