Saturday, August 25, 2007

One step closer....

Well, the document that has been causing so much trouble is finally in Guatemala (last Thursday). I pray our attorney moves as fast as possible processing the rest. My best guess on a travel date would be mid to September.

As for me fostering, I think Ryan and I have found some middle ground. I think our plan is for Ryan to take off work 1 1/2 to 2 weeks and we will all go to Guatemala together. This plan doesn't get me to Guatemala as soon as I would like, but I am so grateful that Ryan is willing to do this. I love the idea of all of us going together! Guatemala has been a great experience for us so far and want my whole family to experience it! It is going to be a bit tricky as to know when to leave, but we will do the best we can to get it as close to that time frame as we can.

Oh, as for the passport issue with Annie, it looks like this will work out ok. I really think we will get her actual green card before we leave. And, the passport agency that all the Guatemalan consulates use is up and going again. I think we are going to go to our local consulate (Chicago) either Monday or Tuesday with the hope of having an actual passport before we leave.

Also, this is a little off the wall, but could you all pray for a baby girl in Guatemala that I became aware of yesterday. My agency called to see if we would be interested in her b/c she looks just like the newborn version of Annie (beautiful) and she is with Annie's same attorney/in the same hogar. I am sure they will have no problems finding her a good home, but she touched my heart and I would love to see her find a good Christian family!

Thanks all!

Julie

No comments: