Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Home!

It is good to be home. I missed everyone and all the comforts we have here.

Annie seems to be doing really well. She slept in the pack and play in our room last and didn't wake up until about 8:00 this morning. Right now she is playing on the floor with Maddie. They do pretty well together although they do have their moments. At the airport yesterday we were letting the girls move around a bit while we were layed over in Houston. I kept trying to keep them close to us. Well, Maddie aparently thought Annie had gone too far and started trying to pull her back by her clothes. Annie was not impressed and screamed at her!

The flights were a mixed bag. Both girls slept for a part of both flights, so that was great. The flight from Guatemala to Houston was the worse. Lots of screaming and crying and the girls weren't happy either!

It was harder than I was expecting to leave Gideon. Especially since Annie is home and he is not. He didn't want to go to his foster family and that made it harder to let him go. They are so good to him and love him so much. I know he is in such good hands, but in my mind he is a part of this family now and it hurts to have him here.

Today is Gideon's first birthday. I feel like I got to celebrate with him a little bit. We sent a present and a balloon with his foster mom. I also got him a chocolate bar that said "Happy Birthday" on it from Marie's candies. It was cool because when the foster mom dropped him off she kind of sheepishly said he really like chocolate. I think he will have fun with that.

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy! Your family misses you and are ready for you to come home!!

Our journey to bring Gideon home is being delayed unfortunately. His birthmom has had to be tracked down to do the final sign off. I suspect it will be done this week, but even at that, it will probably be a good 3 to 4 weeks until he's ready to pick up.

I can't wait to add pictures, but I left my camera in Ryan's car, so I will have to try and do it tomorrow.

Goodbye for now!

Julie

No comments: