Monday, July 30, 2007

The Rings.

Those of you who know me know that I don't regularly wear a lot of jewelry. Ring-wise I wear my wedding band (of course) and my grandma's wedding band. I have gotten some nice rings as gifts over the years and I do wear them occasionally, but it wasn't until about a year or so ago that I started to wear another ring all the time. My mom got me a simple gold band with footprints engraved in it. I think it is suppose to go with the whole "footprints in the sand" theme. To me though it has a different meaning. The little footprints remind me of the "precious feet" you see so often associated with pro-life. And, for as long as I have had and worn the ring it has reminded me of the babies we lost through our IVF (we lost 2) and through our ectopic in April of 2006. I guess in some ways it has been my little way of remembering those babies when most people forget.

Well, yesterday Jen and I went over to the Westin to check it out. It had some nice shops there and I was looking at the jade shop. I am getting Annie a jade cross and jade earrings for her 13th and 16th birthdays. I started looking around for an inexpensive ring for me to remind me of Guatemala and our adoption. I saw a ring I really liked and didn't even realize until the shop owner told me, that the ring is the Guatemalan adoption ring. It is gorgeous and right up my alley. The sentimental value of it will make it something I will always treasure. Well, as I was leaving the shop I slipped off my engraved gold band and slipped on my newest treasure, and I cried. Right there in the middle of the Westin. God is so good and He has brought me/us so far. Not only are these adoptions a dream come true, but they are healing a lot of past hurts. To me my new ring is not only a symbol of Guatemala and our children's heritage and adoption, but it will serve as a constant reminder of God's faithfulness. God is so good to me, he always has been. Even when I felt totally forgotten, He was still being good.

I just feel so blessed.

Julie

1 comment:

jazziejo said...

You took my ring off :( --- Thats ok glad you are happy.

Love you mom