Thursday, July 26, 2007

Somebody pinch me.

Annie is a dream. She is adjusting so well already. In the 15 hours that I've had her already she has gone from sobbing to smiling. As we speak she is sitting on my lap just being so good. You can tell she's not scared anymore and she is no longer tense. She still does not want me to put her down, but that is totally ok.

Unfortunately she is sick. They told me she was at the hogar yesterday and gave me some prescription medicine for her. Last night she had a fever. But, she sleep great. Her normal wake up time is 5 am and she got up right around 525. Maddie and Jen are still sleeping so we are here in the baby lounge.

Speaking of the baby lounge, I have been very impressed with the Marriott. It is really a very nice hotel. More so than the Marriott's in the states. Also, part of the reason I chose this hotel is that is super adoption friendly. They put most of the adoptive family on the same floor and there's a baby lounge here, actually right next door to our room. The baby lounge is pretty impressive. It is the size of two full rooms with tons of toys, books, high chairs, bouncy's, walkers, a microwave, fridge, sink and bottle rack, just everything you would need. Also the internet access is free here. The hotel also has a couple really nice restaurants and a free breakfast buffet. The gift shop is amazing. Sorry Ryan but they are going to be getting some of your hard earned cash!

Yesterday we walked around the hotel a little. We found a great little spot that does crepes. It was very yummy! We also found out the hard way that Jen's double stroller does not mesh well with Guatemalan sidewalks. Poor girl. She totally gave her biceps a workout and Maddie about got shaken baby syndrome! LOL.

We are debating what to do with our next 5 days. We thought about going to Antigua, people do that a lot, but we are a little worried about Gideon not having a passport yet, so we shall see. We also might go to the zoo. It is almost easier to be out doing something than just sitting around looking at each other.

Gideon is coming this morning and I am so excited! I cannot wait to see him again! As always it will be interesting to see how adding one more to the mix changes the dynamics. I am sure it will be fine.

I have to say so far things have been so surreal. That is why I say pinch me. I just can't hardly believe Annie is ours. I think it will really hit me when we get into the states. Right now it still feels a bit like we are just visiting. It is so emotionally overwhelming to me to grasp that this amzing child, and soon to be two children, are really going to be able to become part of our family. Adoption is truly an amazing thing. I feel so blessed.

Well, I need to go. I will write more later about the hogar and my experience there.

Oh and "hola" to Leah and Logan. I miss you guys terribly! Have fun with daddy! I cannot wait until we get home and you guys can meet your new sister!

Julie

1 comment:

Kim @ PAI said...

Julie, we are so happy for you!
I am copying your blog entries on PAI. Keep them updates coming!

Blessings!
Kim