Monday, March 31, 2008

Still waiting.......

Hello all,

Well, we haven't heard anything yet about the bloodwork. I am going to call on Thursday though if we still have not gotten any news. We have found out that the test they are running tests like 80 or 90 most common strains if CF (there are over 1500 strains). This catches approx. 90% of CF in caucasions. Well ,since Gee is hispanic, it will only catch CF 57% of the time. So, not real conclusive, but I will definetly feel better if it is negative.

You know I go back and forth so much with this. Sometimes I just know he does not have it, others times I worry enough about it I get scared for him. Right now I am feeling pretty confident he is ok. He just seems to be doing so well. According to our scales, he has gained some weight (like 6 or 7 oz.) and he just seems to be pretty happy (for the most part). His hasn't had a fever in a few weeks (since he had bronchitis) and his poo hasn't been too terribly outragous. We even gave him some milk the other day and I never noticed any ill effects. So, maybe is just totally ok?

I wanted to put in this blog that we still keep in contact with Gee's foster family. Their oldest son (he is a super smart kid) speaks fluent English and we e-mail him and he passes it on to the family. They are such good people. Gee's foster sister sent him/me a hand colored card a few weeks ago that was sooooo precious. We are getting a box of pictures and goodies together to send to them right now. I wanted to share with you all the e-mail I got just today from the foster brother:

Cole Family,

Hello, how are you all? We really appreciate that we are available to keep in touch!
My mom says: "I think we all yearn for a child who will become a good, kind and candid man, and who will fulfill my heart with pride. Just like the tree that prepares itself for many seasons for giving life to a perfect fruit, every parents see their children as a beautiful dream come true. Although Gideon is far from here, he is always in my mind and every beat of my heart and I will be by his side because I pray every single day for him".

Take care!God bless you!


How beautiful is that? I cried when I first read it. I want so badly to go back to Guatemala to see them again. I want them to see how beautiful and smart Gee is!!!

I don't have much to update on Miss Anna. Right now the poor girl is fighting a cold that seems to have settled in her eyes. She's been goopey for a while, but it now seems to be getting better. Anna is saying more and more words. It seems she went for a while without adding any new vocabulary, but now, she is really taking off. I am so proud of and amazed by her. He and Gideon both really!

Anna still want to be just like Madeline. She is always asking to go potty and for a "chockie (an m & m)." We let her sit on the potty, but I don't think she quite gets it yet. Although Ryan said this even she spread her legs (with a diapie on of course) and said "go potty" and she pooped (was that TMI?). Soooo, maybe just maybe she gets it after all?

Right now we are working on switching Anna and Madeline to Leah's bigger bedroom and Leah to their smaller one. We are painting and I am making the girls quilts for their new big girl beds. Yes, they are both moving to toddler beds very soon. Oiy. That will be stressful. But, I am sure they will do great! I hope they will at least.

Well, here are some recent pics of the kiddos:

Our very cold Easter egg hunt with my side of the family:

Annie and her lovely morning "doo." She loved her Easter basket, as did all the kids.


The whole family Easter Day.


Oh my goodness I love this picture of Gee. He looks like Oliver asking for more porraige (that totally dates me right?). He is actually saying "I don't know," which is his new favorite phrase. We asked him where the Easter eggs were at and he gave us this look and said "I don't know."


PawPaw and 3 of his little ones.



Logan playing ring around the rosie with the kids.


Two of my beauties!


These get ups lastest for maybe 30 seconds. They beg me to put them on and then the rip them right off. I had to redress Madeline just to get a picture.

The kiddos at Dave and Buster's eating some ever so healthy french fries. Hey, it was a party (Logie's birthday), you don't have to be healthy at a party, right?


Boy, do they love their Ketsup! (does Annie look way big here, or am I just in denial?)


That's all folks!

Julie

No comments: