Thursday, May 8, 2008

Anna and sleep.....

The main thing Anna has struggled with since she's been home is sleep.  She has gotten much better over the months.  She falls asleep fine, but she wakes up in the middle of the night crying out.  Sometimes she even wakes up in the middle of her nap crying.  She is getting increasingly better, she maybe only wakes 2 to 3 times a week now.  The reason I am writing this is because she woke up in the middle of her nap today crying out and it was soooo sad.  I heard her crying "mama, mama" and when I got upstairs she was lying in her bed, half asleep with her arms reaching straight up in the air.  She was calling for me and I went over to her, she looked at me and threw her arms around my neck and squeezed hard.  Bless her heart.  It was sweet and sad at the same time.

We have been praying for Anna about this issue for a while.  I am glad it is better, I hope she is totally over it soon though.

Tomorrow is Anna's 2nd birthday, so I will post again then!

Julie 

1 comment:

andrea said...

hi ya julie!
i was thinking about you guys yesterday, and decided to come check out the blog! thank you so much for having pics on here!
your kids are all precious!
i love reading about the buddy system!
:)
you've got it together little mama!