Monday, April 28, 2008

I got a buddy......

This is Madeline's new phrase.  She is actually saying it right now.  "I got buddy, I like buddy."  Gideon is he little buddy.  It is so cute.  She will sit by him or let him sit by her.  She will pat his head or back.  Madeline was already downstairs when I brought Gideon down yesterday and the minute we came down she yells "that my buddy, he's a cutie."  Sometimes when she calls him her buddy, Gideon will look at me and say "buddy!"  It is very endearing.  Madeline is also pretty attentive to Gee when he is hurt (even if she causes the booboo).  She will pat him or rub his head and say "it ok."

Speaking of buddies, we kind of have a buddy system when we go out.  Anna is Leah's buddy and Madeline is Logan's.  Gee is mine.  It works pretty well when the kids need to hold hands in the parking lot.  We tried different "buddies" and this works best.  It is kind of funny to me because Leah and Logan are pretty opposite and fight about those differences all the time.  Well, Anna is way more like Logan and Madeline is way more like Leah, I guess I thought Leah/Madeline  and Logan/Anna would be more of natural match.  But, Madeline really doesn't listen to Leah very well and while she doesn't listen to Logan well either, he is more gentle with her and she responds well to that.  Anna pretty much likes everyone, but I think her and Leah have a little something special going.  For some reason Leah has a lot of patience for Anna.  She is always grabbing her to snuggle and stuff.  It is really very cute.  Annie just loves it and is getting quite close to Leah.  Annie was feeling badly yesterday and her and Leah snuggled most of the morning.  Anna even fell asleep on her.

Gideon is feeling better and sounding better.  Thank goodness.  I think though all of the kids have caught something over the weekend.  Annie felt bad all day yesterday and she just laid around, she also had a low grade fever.  Both her and Madeline woke up coughing in the middle of the night and I had to give them something.  We seem to be fever free today, but now all 5 kids have coughs to varying degrees.  Yuck!

We are kind of gearing for a busy couple months.  We have graduations, a birthday party, camping trips and vacations coming up in the near future.  I love that kind of stuff, so it will be fun, but it will keep us hopping!

Julie

No comments: