Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Just poking in to say "hi"

Nothing new to report really. I do want to apologize for not getting pictures up yet. My laptop died a couple weeks ago and I am having trouble coordinating Ryan's laptop and getting pictures uploaded.

I will say that that updated video we got from our agency on both kids is so very sweet. Annie is walking alone and Gideon is crawling and pulling himself up to a stand. Part of me delights in seeing these things and part of me screams "no more." I hate missing my babies' firsts!

All in all though I am still feeling pretty positive about everything. Yes, things are moving painfully slow, but they are at least moving. Annie has been in PGN for over 4 weeks now. The average stay is probably 6 to 10 weeks. I am just completely praying she has no knock outs. I know KO are very common, but a recent poll I saw said that 45% of people do indeed get out of PGN with no KO's. Plus, her attorney is so good that he rarely gets KO'd because of a paperwork error on our side. As for Gideon, I am just hoping he is back in PGN now. He has already had one KO, so maybe when he gets back in, it will be a short stay.

When I first started these adoptions I really anticipated being further along at this point, but it is what it is and my optimism is really helping me pull through (thank you God for that!).

I actually bought another high chair last week. I have been extremly hesitant to buy anything until the kids are out of PGN. Words cannot describe what it was like to get back from Russia empty handed to a room full of strollers, cribs, etc. But, it was a great deal I found at a garage sale and I bought it. So, we now have 2 high chairs and I still need one more. I think I will buy one of those ones that clip to the table. I just don't want to be stuck with 3 full size high chairs in a year or two.

A couple other things I am mentally pulling together are cribs and a stroller. I am going to borrow a couple cribs from friends, so that will be great, but a stroller had me a little stumped until recently. I kind of need a triple stroller with 3 kids within 9 months, but I really do not want to have something that big, especially when I can use my single and a double when we go out as a family. I do however feel the need to have something I can use alone as I do like to venture out sometimes. So I found this:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2535057&cp=&sr=1&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2255957&origkw=joovy&kw=joovy&parentPage=search

To be honest I have really had my eye on a couple side by side double strollers, but I just think the above stroller will more meet our needs (even though it is pricier than I was thinking I'd pay).

So, I guess I am finally starting to plan a little for Annie and Gideon. I am still taking it slow and don't plan to do any of the major purchasing until they are OUT, but I am getting excited.

Oh yeah, we shoudl be doing a big room switcheroo soon that will allow me to get Annie and Gideon's room ready. Ryan and are are moving into our new room (downstairs) and Logie is getting our room (with a coat of paint) and the babies are getting Logie's room (which I do not have to do anything to). I still have the really cute gender neutral bedding that I bought for the twins, so I will us that with the borrowed cribs and call it a day. Eventually, Gideon will move in with Logie (when he's big enough for a twin) and Annie and Maddie will share a room, but that probable won't be for another year or two.

Well, this was a pretty long post for having nothing really to say. Thanks for letting me babble! I will post pictures ASAP and of course post if I have any updates!

God Bless!
Julie

No comments: