Saturday, September 27, 2008

You stuck what up your nose?!?!

So, I was putting the kids to bed Wednesday night and I told Anna and Gideon to go on upstairs. After a couple seconds I followed. I went to go into Anna's room and she was pointing at the floor and saying "icky." Well, icky indeed, it was 2 dime sized drops of blood. After looking Anna over and laying her down I went into Gideon's room and he was standing by his crib with blood literally pouring out of his nose. It was quite eerie. No crying, just looking at me like "what are you looking at?" As I got closer I noticed a piece of wood clutched in his hand. I kid you not, it was probably 2 inches long and maybe a 1/4 inch wide. Maybe like a huge splinter? It was of course covered in blood, as was everything else. So I bring him downstairs, wipe all the blood off and give him a good looksie. The blood stopped pretty quickly and although it started back up briefly, by the time Ryan came home 20 minutes later, he was good to go. You know I always wonder whether we should go to the ER, but since the bleeding stopped quickly and he seemed fine, we decided to just wait and see how he did. He slept in our room just so we could keep and eye on him. You know, I think he had that piece of wood in their for at least a few hours. When I changed his diaper like 3 or 4 hours earlier, I thought I heard some wheezing, but I got distracted and the wheezing slipped my mind. I have been watching him for any signs of infection also. You know, I just can't believe he had that big of a piece of wood up his nose and I couldn't even see it. I think it was all the way up there and him bouncing up the stairs dislodged it. Never a dull moment!

Besides bloody noses, things are going well. Gideon had his surgery this past Tuesday and he did amazingly. I was pretty happy with our experience at Nationwide Children's hospital (formally Columbus Children's). I admit, the whole process was a little scary, I am sure especially so for Gideon. It took about 45 minutes to an hour for him to really wake up afterwards, but then it was like a light switch coming on. He popped off of Ryan's lap and started dancing and playing. He was even doing his "pretend" fall, to which we were a bit horrified, fearing he would "break" something. He has pretty much been on Tylenol all week just to keep him comfy.

Anna is doing really well with her potty training still. She's only had a few accidents and those are mostly because she was playing outside and preoccupied. She is telling me know when she has to go and she is in undies full time (except at night). So 2 toddlers down, 1 to go.

Speaking of Anna, she has an uncanny sense of direction. She has predicted where we were going on more than one occasion. We probably go into Urbana once or twice a week and maybe half that time I drive the "back" way, by the West Liberty sewage plant. The kids and I refer to it as "poopy water." I was going down the road before the road the plant is on an Annie points toward the sewage plant and says "poopy water." You couldn't even see the plant at that point (maybe she just has a really good sense of smell :)).

Something somewhat small I could use your prayers on, I have misplaced Anna and Gideon's baby books. I can't imagine they are truly lost, but I cannot find them and I am pretty heartbroken about it. I hadn't added a bunch of pictures or anything, so technically I could buy two new books and fill them out, but I journel in my baby's books and I had wrote a lot of personal stuff in them that I cannot replicate. Fortunately this blog has served as some sort of journel for me, but not liked the book did. So, if you could send a little request up for me that would be great!

Julie

PS I have tons of pics to load, but we are experiencing some computer issues (what's new, eh?). The only computer right now with internet access is our old laptop and I really do not want to load pics on here.

No comments: