Monday, October 8, 2007

Our Family is finally all together!!!

I am teary eyed as I even type that title!

Around 10:15 we got a call from Ilse, our facilitator. She was in the lobby waiting for Gideon and he wasn't there yet. So, Ryan I went down and waited with her. About 10:45 she called our attorney and apparently there was a miscommunication and they thought the meeting was to be at 11:00. So, we waited and about 11:15 I saw Jorge (Gideon's foster brother) walk through the lobby. I guess they went to the baby lounge because that is where we met last time.

So up the elevator we went and when we arrived, Gideon was sleeping in his foster mom's arms. We hugged immediately. Gideon's foster mom has such a sweet sense about her.

We went into the baby lounge and small talked quite a bit. We talked again about what Gideon's schedule is, what he likes to eat, etc. He has 7 teeth (4 on top, 3 on bottom) and no molars yet. He sleeps in their room with them and I assured her that we plan to do the same thing when he gets home, at least initially. After looking through some paperwork, we took the party upstairs for them to meet the clan.

Still Gideon slept.

We introduced everyone to the whole family. The kids were great. Both Ilse and the foster mom were so impressed with how well behaved they all were and how they weren't jealous. I think the foster mom was a little concerned with how Gideon would be received. She was pretty impressed I think. After a little while Gideon woke up. He was a little scared at first, but he warmed up to all the kids quite quickly. Before long he was playing and smiling just like I remembered him doing.

We took lots of pictures and videos. The foster mom said lots of sweet things about our family. I am glad because I wanted her to feel comfortable with us. I really believe she did. She was so concerned for Gideon. She didn't want him to see her cry. Even when she left she didn't want him to be distressed and she snuck out. She didn't even kiss him goodbye because she didn't want to disturb him.

They asked us what we were going to name him and I told her. She asked why we didn't tell them sooner because they would have called him that. I felt really silly for not sharing sooner, but I was afraid they might be offended. I should have known better. Gideon has always been their TOP priority. They would have done whatever was best for him. I told them we got his name from the bible and they wanted to hear the story, so I told them. Through that I found out that Ilse is a Christian and the foster family is Catholic. She seemed happy that we knew of the bible.

*****INTERMISSION****

I have to go, but I will write more later!

Julie

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awesome that all worked out so well !!!!