Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I HATE junebugs!

Let me preface by saying I HATE junebugs!!!  You know those noisy little beetle like bugs that fly at your windows and crunch when smushed.  I think my issues here date back to when I lived at home and they always seemed to get into the house and bang up against our windows at night.  I would lay in bed petrified that one would attack me.  So, they just bug me (no pun intended :)).

Well, just a few minutes ago Gideon was putting something in his mouth (can you tell where this is going?).  I said "Gideon, come here and let mommy see what you are putting in your mouth."  So, he proceeded to hand me a half eaten junebug.  He laid it in my hand and I screamed and dropped it.  The two girls looked at me like I was crazy and my dear, dear boy started to hysterically laugh (no kidding).  In hindsight it was very funny, but maybe that is because the junebug is safely in the trash!

FYI - we have our post placement visit tonight with a social worker.  This is a required follow up to check on Anna and Gee.

Also FYI - I weighed Gee last night and he was 25 lbs even.  I was so excited, we cheered.  Now, he is normally higher in the evenings, but regardless of when we weigh him, he has never seen 25 lbs!

Julie 

1 comment:

jazziejo said...

Your vacation was perfect except you didn't take me. :o)

MOM