Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Gee!!!!






Well, Gideon isn't officially 2 yet, but in less than 1/2 an hour he will be. I will not have time to blog tomorrow as we are leaving to go camp and I have a lot to do and for some reason I have extra energy right now.


This time last year I was feeling a range of mixed emotions. I had just dropped Gee of with his foster family. I needed to take Anna home, but I missed his first birthday by a day. I remember that we bought him a USA airplane backpack (hoping his foster family would send it home with him when we came back, which they did), filled with toys and stuff and a chocolate bar from Marie's candy. We also bought him a birthday balloon. It was so sad to leave him, although I was grateful to have Anna and to be so close to bringing him home.
I have pictures of his first birthday party and him eating his chocolate bar thanks to his wonderful foster family!
Now that Gee is home, where has the time gone? Gideon is growing into a strong funny little man. Yes, he still can cry at the drop of a hat, but I just know there's a little ham working it's way out. Boys are just fun. I love that God made boys and girls so different. Gee does all the typical boy stuff. He loves wheels and balls and he hangs like a monkey off of our table (he is a strong little guy). His newest trick is taking the girls' things and throwing them over the gate in the kitchen (where they can't reach them). It is seriously a hoot. The girls' get in such an uproar about it and Gee just thinks it is sooo funny.
I love my little boy. From the minute I saw his picture at 3 months I knew he needed to be our son. How wonderful blessed we are the God allowed my dream to come true. As I said earlier with Anna, I cannot share in this blog all that Gideon means to us, but we could not love him more.
Happy Birthday Gee!!
As for the pictures, the first two were taken within a couple days of his first birthday when we were picking up Gideon. That last 3 are recent.
**Could you please pray that the package we sent to his foster family arrives soon. We sent it over a month ago and they have yet to receive it. It had some irreplaceable things in it and it would really be sad if they don't get it. Also, I am sure they (as well as his birhtmom) are thinking of him on his birthday. May they both be blessed with sweet memories!
Julie

2 comments:

Jen Stevens said...

Happy Birthday little man!! I love you to pieces!
And I am especially thankful that this birthday will be celebrated with your loving forever family.

andrea said...

oh julie!
i love catching up with your kidlets on your blog!
gee is sooo cute!