Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Vacation cont......

This will probably be shorter than my original vacation post, but here it is....

Vacation was super!  We had an awesome time.  We went to the 4X4 beach in the Outer Banks (Corolla).  We had a big house and had tons of room for our family and our extended family on Ryan's side.  It was relaxing and exciting all at once.  The beach was wonderful and the 4X4 beaches added a little "excitement."  

The kids did great.  Leah and Logan loved the ocean and the sand.  Logie became quite the boogie boarder.  The 3 little ones loved the sand and liked the water to varying degrees.  Madeline loved the water if I was right there with her.  She would ride the waves all day if I were holding her hand.  Anna did not care for the water.  I was impressed that she had no problem heading into the water at first, so I don't think she was so much scared of it, I just don't think she liked it.  She'd usually go into the water whenever we asked her, but she'd always want right back out.  I think Gee liked the water, but he never voluntarily headed into it. 

I noticed something about Annie this past week.  She is such a lover and really seems to have a big heart.  I noticed her going out of her way more than once this past weekend to help a cousin/sibling, even if it took her out of her comfort zone.  Like running into the waves to get Gee the shovel he dropped.  She just hops right up, like it is second nature.  Another thing Annie does these days is say she's sorry.  "I sorry mommy,"  "I sorry Dami" (to be interpreted as "I sorry Jami (aunt)"), she apologizes for just bumping into you or walking by you, anything really.  Very cute and funny.

So, that's about it when it comes to vacation.  Great fellowship, great beach, great food, great house, what more can you ask for?

Julie  

No comments: