Sunday, July 27, 2008

Gotcha Anna!!


Well, one year ago today Annie and I were sitting at the US Embassy in Guatemala. We waited for about 3 hours to get Anna's visa, so we could come home. We left the next morning. The embassy was full of little Guatlings and parents dying to take their little ones home. Anna was so good and spent most of the time in my baby carrier, right on my chest. I was so excited to finally complete out last hurdle!!

It is hard to believe it has been a year. Anna has changed so very much. She has put on about 10 lbs and has really come out of her shell. She is still the sensitive little sweatheart she was back then, but she definitely has a spunky side now that she isn't afraid to show. I am totally in awe that God has intrusted this precious baby girl to us. There is no way that I can express in this blog all that Anna means to us. We are so incredibly blessed. We love our little Anna and on this 1 yr "Gotcha Day" we are especially thoughtful about all she means to us. We love you baby girl!!

Again, the pictures have issues, but I will do the best I can..........

The first 3 pictures are recent ones of Anna:









These last two pictures were taken a year ago. The one of Anna and I was taken on Embassy day (so exactly one year ago). She had just woken up from the car ride home and I wanted to get a picture before we changed our clothes. This other picture is the first time Leah and Logan met their little sister!

2 comments:

Jen Stevens said...

I am in awe!!

Can't tell you how honored I am to be your friend and to have been able to walk the adoption road with you. Seeing you bring Anna home and the fruits of your hard work pay off was really special.

andrea said...

oo that just makes me lose it!
kleenex warning next time my dear friend!!

she is a beautiful girl!