Saturday, June 23, 2007

Busy Times!

Well, we've been pretty busy around our house lately. There's been a lot to do around here and and Annie getting out of PGN has been just the motivation we need. We've moved a lot of furniture (thanks Adam and Jason) and done a little bit of shopping (thanks Mary Jo!). I feel like I am pretty much going all day long, but that's ok, busy isn't necessarily a bad thing.

As for the house.... I still have lots of organizing and cleaning to do. Moving furniture leaves a lot of messes! I need to paint Logan's new room (for some reason he's not loving the pink that is in there now) which I may start tomorrow. Once his room is done I can move him out of the nursery. My good friend is coming Monday to help me get the nursery ready. She is also letting me borrow her extra crib, which will be really great.

We leave for our vacation in Canada a week from today, so I have a lot to do to get ready for that also. I would love to have everything done before we go. I am anticipating traveling to get Annie shortly after we get back and the less I have to do the better.

I feel very blessed by how the baby items we need seem to be just falling together. Right now I am just trying to focus on getting what we need for Annie. When Gideon comes home a few more purchases will have to be made. My aunt is giving me/letting me borrow a car seat, two pack n play's and a big play yard. My sister is letting us borrow a dresser. I have two friends letting me borrow cribs. Those are some pretty major items that I do not have to buy. So, I am pretty ready, purchase wise, for Annie to come home. Before Gideon gets here, I would like to find 2 more car seats, we need another high chair (I'd like to find one that clips to the table oris portable) and we are really going to need to buy our double/triple stroller. The stroller is going to be by far the most major purchase because it is expensive and I have yet to see it used anywhere.

Ok, so I have rambled quite a bit so I will go. Oh, and there's no additional adoption news. We really don't expect to hear much until we have our embassy date, which will be like a week or so before we travel. Here's what's going on in Guatemala for Annie over the next few weeks:

FINAL STAGES OF THE ADOPTION PROCESS

Here’s the information about the stages that follow PGN approval.

1. Final Decree.

On PGN’s approval, your Notary in charge has to issue the Final Decree. The Final Decree has to be signed by the Birth Mother or the minor’s Representative, the Mandatory and the Notary in charge of the process.

2. Civil Registry.

After the Final Decree is signed, the Notary in charge has to put a file together to send to the Civil Registry where your child’s birth is registered.Civil Registry will issue a new Birth Certificate in which will appear the name of your child and your last name.

3. US Embassy

The new Birth Certificate, along with the Final Decree, PGN resolution and POA have to be translated by a sworn translator and submitted to US Embassy from Monday to Thursday between 9:00am to 9:30am. US Embassy will issue pink slip in 48 hours.

4. Passport

In order to pick up Pink Slip, your Notary has to put together a file for Immigration in Guatemala in order to get the passport.Your Mandatory can get passport in 30 minutes.

5. Pink slip and Visa Appointment.

48 hours after the submission of documents to the USE, Pink Slip can be picked up passport in hand.That same day you will be notified of your visa appointment.

6. Visa Appointment.

The attorney in charge of the case will let you know when your visa appointment will take place, so you can make arrangements to be in Guatemala.

Julie

No comments: