Friday, June 29, 2007

Just hanging in there....

Well, we are leaving tomorrow for our annual fishing trip to Canada. I talked to my agency yesterday and still no news. I didn't really expect anything yet, but.......

I was a little bummed after the phone call. I just have this feeling that we are not going to get down there as quickly as I was hoping. I am still trying to be optimistic that we will get our embassy appointment next week, but who knows. It depends a lot on where Annie's birth certificate is from. I know her birth city and I have heard varying things of how long new birth certificates take from there. They use to take just a day or two but apparently the person in charge of that changed and for a while they took weeks. Now it doesn't apparently take that long (thank goodness), but I have no clu how long to expect. Once we get that we have to be submitted to the US Embassy to get our pink slip. Once submitted, it takes 4 days to get an appointment. Our agency coordinator just got her pink (for her little girl) on Wednesday and her appt isn't until like July 11th (but there are 2 holidays in there). So, I think realistically it will be a good 3 more weeks.

I guess I am never happy...... I have been pretty patient thus far, but this part is much harder than I expected. It is like I am so close, but just not there. Enough already! Let's get this girl home.

Still no news on Gideon. I have heard that if you are in past 6 weeks there's a pretty good chance of getting out with no knock outs (or at least no more knock outs in Gideon's case). This was true for Annie. Gideon has been in for almost 6 and 1/2 weeks, so I am really hoping for the best. I saw 2 PGN outs today on my adoption board with a May 2 submit date. So, maybe Barrios will be signing off on Gideon's in a couple weeks????

I was able to send packages down to the kids again. That is always fun! We get to fill 1 ziploc bag (per child) to Guatemala every time our agency goes (like once every couple months). Those suckers fill up fast. I never have enough room!

We have really done a great job at getting ready. We have totally finished switching the rooms around and the nursery is pretty much ready. Also, Logan is loving his new army room!

I have gathered most things I need for Annie (Gideon is a whole 'nuther story). Thank you to everyone that has been so generous! It helps clothing-wise that Annie and Maddie are so close in age. I have had to buy very little clothing, which is nice.

Oh, I wanted to add that we figured out that my good friend Jen is going to be traveling to Guatemala with me for pick up. Jen adopted with us from Russia and is so selflessly leaving her little pumkin to help me with Annie and Maddie. Jen is well traveled and we have a great time together, so I am am sure this will be a great trip. Leah really wants to travel with us and I would love to take her. I think it would be really cool for her to experience bringing her sister home and the culture her sister is from. Also, she would be a great help to us. But, airfare is expensive and we just aren't sure we can afford it.

So, I guess I will sign off. Hopefully we will get good news on vacation and I can update with that when I get back!

Please keep your prayers coming! I know I ask that all the time, but I really feel like we can use them!!

No comments: