Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Finally, updated pictures and a small progress update.

I have had these pictures for over 3 weeks now, but I've just been able to upload them. First I didn't have my laptop, then I didn't have the disk, then I didn't have my friend to help me, finally everything has pulled together! (Thanks for your help Maureen) So, here are the pictures and I will add an update at the end!

Gideon, still putting everything in his mouth!






Gideon and hid foster mom.





Annie


Annie loving on Sondra. Sondra is our attorney's wife. They do a wonderful job running Annie's hogar. Our attorney and his wife seem like really great people with a lot of love for the children of Guatemala!



Annie and a couple of hogar buddies!




O, those eyes!


They are both getting sooooo big!!
Annie: In her video she was walking all by herself! (The video was taken just a few days before her 1st birthday). The video is so great! She is laughing and giving Sondra kisses. She smiles a lot. It was just fun to see. According to her report, as of 5-5-07, Annie was 19 lbs, does not sleep through the night (although she did when we visited her) and is happy and content. She eats baby food and drinks whole milk (she also likes mashed potatoes and ice cream :)).
Gideon: In his video he was all smiles (big suprise!). He is crawling and sitting by himself. He even pulled himself to a standing position, not bad for 9 months! His report says drinks Nan 2 Formula and eats baby food (and taters!). He has no teeth yet and he sleeps through the night. He weighs 18 lbs 2 oz.
Status wise.... Annie is still in PGN and the longer she is there, the more hopeful I get that she will get out without a knock out. Gideon was put into PGN May 15th.
Please pray our stay in PGN is short. 6 to 10 weeks is standard and that is with no knock outs. If we get a knock out, we have to fix it and essentially start again.
Thanks for letting me share!!
Julie




























2 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Thanks for the update, Julie! Can't wait to meet the kids!

Katie said...

very cute pictures -- hope they can come home soon !!