Thursday, September 27, 2007

Boys can look good in PINK also!!!

Well, we got the call we've been waiting for!! Gideon has his pink slip!!!!! Oh my goodness, I am so excited. Here is how is went down, it is pretty cool.....

I decided to call the US Embassy in Guatemala today to see if they had received Gideon's DNA results yet. That was a little out of my comfort zone, but I thought what the heck. You can only call the Embassy from 2 to 3:15 Tues. through Thurs., so, if I didn't call today, I'd have to call next week. So I called at 4:45 our time (2:45 Guat time) and talked to a really nice lady. She said they hadn't got his DNA results yet. She also said that they try to issue the pink slips as soon as they get the DNA results. She then told me that Embassy appointments were running around 2 weeks out.

So, I went along on my merry way (well, kind of merry). I got home around 8:45 tonight and there was a message on my phone from the US Embassy! Yes, the US Embassy in Guatemala called me at home. I have never heard of that! It was the sweetest lady and she said that they recieved Gideon's DNA results today and his visa appointment is October 12th at 7:15 am!! I am just so suprised they called me at home and they got the results and, well, I am just so ready to go and get my boy!!!!

Right now we don't know when we will be leaving. Ryan is at a Red's game and won't be home until late. We will talk asap!

FYI, it looks like the kids' welcome home party will be November 3rd. This isn't set in stone, but that will probably work out the best!

So, I will let you know when I have more news!! Oh my goodness.....so excited!!

Julie

No comments: