Friday, September 14, 2007

A Gideon Update

I got an e-mail from our agency this morning saying that Gideon has his new birth certificate. YIPEE!! This made me so very happy because I was getting pretty bummed with how long it seems things are taking. So, the next big stop is the US Embassy. He will get his new passport and stuff, but those should only take a day or two. I think it will take like 3 to 4 weeks until we travel. I feel like I've been saying that for 6 weeks now, but we are actually moving, so that should be about right.

I don't know if I wrote this or not before, but the plan is to leave as soon as we have our pink slip for Gideon. There's usually 5 to 8 days between notification of pink and the appointment. We are going to try and leave like next day. With Annie we waited until closer to the actual date.

I really can't tell you how excited I am to bring Gideon home. It is amazing to me how much he seems such a part of our family already. At least in my heart he is. I just can't wait to introduce him to everyone. He is such a cool little guy!

Julie

No comments: