Sunday, September 30, 2007

One week from today....

........I will be in the same city as my baby boy! We are leaving around 6:00 am from the Columbus airport and we arrive in Guatemala City a little before noon. It is essentially the same flight I took the last two times we flew. We will arrive home on Tuesday the 17th a little before 6:00. We also have our rooms at the Marriott booked. So, we are pretty much good to go!!!

Ryan's mom and dad have decided to go with us to Guatemala. I am very grateful that they are willing to come along. They will be a tremendous help with the kids and as always, just good company.

I have been packing a little bit the last couple days. Oh my, we are going to have a lot of luggage. Packing for 7 people for 9/10 days is not easy. Not to metion all the gifts I am packing for Gideon's foster family and all the snacks and stuff for the kids/us that we can't get in Guatemala. I swear I am trying to condense it as much as I can, but this is quite the crew!

We have been working on the house quite a bit the last couple weeks also and we are making really great progress. The kitchen is done and our new bathroom is almost finished. Plus, I have just been doing a lot of organizing and cleaning. We finally have the kids' 3 bedrooms ready for all 5 kids. As silly as this may sound, it is a great feeling to fill those bedrooms up! Leah really made out on the room situation. All 3 bedrooms are really good sized, but hers is probably the biggest and she has it to herself! She loves it!

I wanted to add a little "thank you" to my mom and my sister. They are already working on things for the "Welcome Home" party so that I don't have to mess with it. I really appreciate them!

Well, off I go for now. I'm sure I will check back in before we leave.

Julie

1 comment:

Katie said...

How exciting !!! Can't wait to see pictures !!!